How To Apply
...Thank You for Your Interest in our Program!
Our interview season starts July 1 and ends March 30. Interviews are offered only after review of your application and supporting materials have been received through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). No paper applications will be accepted. The number of interview slots is limited, so please submit your application materials as early as possible.
Please use the following guidelines to complete your application:
- Competed online ERAS application.
- Three letters of recommendation from physicians with whom you worked during your training, one of these letters needs to come from your most recent program director.
- A recent photograph.
- Personal statement detailing your interest in Geriatrics as your career specialty.
- Status Report of your USMLE OR COMLEX scores for osteopathic students.
- Copy of Medical School Diploma.
- Curriculum vitae (CV).
- Copy of ECFMG certificate if applicable.
Additional guidelines for International Medical Graduates (IMGs):
IMG requirements are the same as US graduates. The following are also considered:
- Eligible for licensure in Texas.
- The applicant must successfully complete an ACGME-accredited Internal Medicine or Family Practice Residency Program.
- The University of Texas Health Science Center facilitates medical residency and clinical fellowship training for foreign MD’s via the J-1 Exchange Visitor Program, sponsored by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG).
- Passing USMLE steps 1 and 2 (CK and CS) in three attempts or less. Completion of step 3 is favorable, but not required. All individual steps must be passed in 3 attempts or less.
Please direct all correspondence and inquiries to:
Geriatrics Fellowship Program
University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio
7703 Floyd Curl Drive, MB 7875
San Antonio, Texas 78229-3900
Send an email to Pauline De Los Santos: DeLosSantosP@uthscsa.edu
Program coordinator to notify her that you have applied.
For further inquiries please e-mail us or contact us to 210-617-5311
or to contact directly the program director, please e-mail Dr. S. Liliana Oakes: Oakes@uthscsa.edu